BEVERLY EDGEWATER PARK EMERGENCY SQUAD

Incorporated in 1947

Our History

The Beverly Emergency Squad (now The Beverly-Edgewater Park Emergency Squad) was organized in 1947. A drowning had occurred at the foot of Broad Street and while members of the Fire Department watched as the Endeavor Emergency Squad from Burlington was called, it was then decided that it was time for Beverly to have its own Emergency Squad.

There were twenty-one Charter Members of the Squad and the first ambulance was a rescue truck (called the “bread wagon”) that was loaned to the Squad by the American Red Cross and was housed at the Beverly Fire Company No. 1’s building on Laurel and Oak Streets.